Kenosha Community Health Center Dental
- In the US, children miss about 52 million hours of school each year because of dental problems.
- Poor oral health and untreated oral diseases and conditions can largely affect the ability to learn.
- 90% of decay in children's permanent teeth occurs on the chewing surfaces of the back teeth, sealants serve as a physical barrier to the bacteria that cause decay
Kenosha Community Health Center is offering a preventative dental sealant program in your school for all children in 2nd, 3rd, and 5th grade. A Dentist (DDS) and a dental hygienist (RDH) will come to your school to provide this program.
Our program will visit your school three times throughout the year providing fluoride varnish applications with this exam.
Below are Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) we think will help you understand our services and how to contact us.
If you have a question for something for which you do not see an answer, please call us at the number at the top of this webpage.
What exactly does this program offer for my child?
- Dental sealants.
- Fluoride varnish.
- Tooth brushing instructions and oral health education.
- FREE toothbrush and toothpaste.
- A letter sent home explaining what services were done and suggestions for further treatment.
- A sealant is a thin, tooth colored; plastic coating that is painted on a tooth to help prevent cavities from forming.
- Your child will be checked to determine which teeth can have sealants; sealants will be done that same day.
What if my child already has sealants?
- Our Dentist will check your child’s sealants, and replace or repair those that may no longer be there.